Thursday, August 12, 2010

burning brightly


I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no brief candle to me. It is a splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations.
– George Bernard Shaw

hello you pretties,
with those wise and lovely words i'm cutting out of here. off in search of some adventures this weekend. taking a little roadtrip to toronto to see a favorite band and explore a new city and find some misheif. also, to celebrate a birthday. i'm turning 26 tomorrow. i think mr. shaw's words on rejoicing in life are exactly how i hope to live this next year. so, thanks for reading my thoughts and being a part of my life. i'll be back next week to tell you all about it my adventures. i hope you make some magic of your own this weekend.
xo!

ps. i can't remember where i found this beautiful image in order to credit it. apologies!

No comments:

Post a Comment